OfferUp MeetUP Spots Program
The Middlesex Township Police Department has partnered with OfferUp to create a safe environment for strangers to exchange items they have purchased online. The OfferUp MeetUp Spots program will help eliminate the need for two strangers to exchange items at a home or residence. These MeetUp Spots will help deter criminal intent and activity. OfferUp is on a mission to build the simplest and most trustworthy local buying and selling experience. Individuals can download their free iOS and Android apps to help sell items allowing people to find and shop for great deals in and around their communities. The MeetUp Spot, which is located in the rear parking lot of the Middlesex Township Municipal building, is a designated, monitored area for individuals to complete a transaction. OfferUp's MeetUp Spots are an easy way for us to help keep our community safer.
- Let a friend or family member know about the exchange.
- Consider having a friend go along.
- Try to complete all transactions during daylight hours if possible.
- Never invite strangers to your home or agree to meet at their home.
- Do not agree to a transaction if the other party refuses to meet in the MeetUp spot.
- Bring a cell phone in case of an emergency.
- Police Department or Township employees will not act as a witness or be part of these transactions.